Doing Things That Scare Me


For those of you who don’t know, Peter and I celebrated our first marriage anniversary in the beginning of March.  A lot has been going on in my work life and in my career and I have been working hard a new project with a great friend of mine.  (I hope to be able to discuss more details on that soon!)  Peter has been observing all of this and called me out in the best way in his paper anniversary gift to me.  

Since then I’ve been extra inspired and encouraged to do things that scare me, like start this blog.  March was a lot about doing things that scared me, and now reflecting on March 2018 I wouldn’t have it any other way!  If I don’t push myself and step out of my comfort zone, I’m not going to grow personally or professionally in the ways I want to grow.  So as silly as it seems here are a few things I did in March that scared me:


1) I started this blog.
2) I asked for a raise.  I have never worked at a job long enough to justify asking for a raise until now.  But you know what, I’m good at what I do and I do a great job at work.  I deserve a raise and it wouldn’t be fair to myself to not ask for it.
3)  I flew by myself for the first time.  And not a direct flight y’all- three flights in one day!
4)  I took a taxi for the first time by myself.

To some of you these things may not seem like a big deal, and that’s okay!  I’d be willing to bet that there are other things that the thought of doing them scares you, but I encourage you do them.  I hope that you, like me, will feel a sense of empowerment, a sense of pride in yourself, and a boost in your self–confidence.  I also hope that if you fail, you pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and continue to do things that scare you.  You owe it to yourself to be the best version of you that you can be!

Comments

Popular Posts