Podcasts

Recently I have started listening to Podcasts.  I enjoy listening to them on the way home from work, while I'm cooking dinner if Peter is busy, and when I clean.  Today I'm going to share the Podcasts I have been listening to.  I honestly don't have a favorite Podcast, at least not yet.  I think this is at least partly due to how different each of these Podcasts are.  Since I don't have a favorite I figured the best way to share them with you was alphabetically.  So here we go!

Namaslay- In her Podcast Candance talks about all things self-care.  She talks about yoga, meditation, eating healthy, work-life balance, etc.  She also talks about her journey as an entrepreneur and answers questions from Podcast listeners and social media followers, which I really like.

Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe- When I first started listening to Podcasts I asked one of my closest friends which Podcasts she listens to and she mentioned Off the Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe.  I don't watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, but I do love Big Brother so I have listened to all the episodes where she interviews people who have been on Big Brother and have enjoyed them all!

Ordinary People Ordinary Things-  The Ordinary People, Ordinary Things Podcast is super new, but so funny and uplifting so far.  I love Melissa Radke's Facebook videos and was so excited last week when I stumbled across her Podcast.  I adore the quote she uses to describe her Podcast- "Because that's what life is, you know?  It's one miracle after another- we just get so used to seeing them...we call them ordinary things.  The world is a series of miracles.  But we're so used to seeing them we just call them ordinary things."  I'm looking forward to listening to more of her Podcasts.

Resonate Church-  Resonate Church is located in Indianapolis, Indiana and was started by a couple who used to work at a church back home in South Carolina.  A few years ago the wife (Amanda) was brutally murdered and the husband (Davey) started a blog that I have really enjoyed reading.  I came across this Podcast via Davey's Instagram.  These Podcasts are a way to listen to Sunday's sermon.  I started listening because the church was doing a series around Valentine's Day  called The Vow and it really caught my attention and sparked my interest.  I am loving listening to Davey's message each week about marriage and am looking forward to listening to their Easter series.

Something You Should Know-  I still don't know how I feel about the Something You Should Know Podcast.  I find some of the episodes super interesting and informative, and others are SO. BORING.  So I think I'll keep doing what I've been doing with this Podcast- read the episode description and if it sparks my interest I'll give it a listen and if not, I'll wait for one that does. 

Straight Talk with Ross Mathews-  I love Big Brother!  I watch it every summer, so you can imagine how excited I was that this winter there was a short, but super fun Celebrity Big Brother!  Ross Mathews was on Celebrity Big Brother this season and he was so fun to watch!  After Celebrity Big Brother was over I searched for his Podcast and listened to two episodes where he talked about his time in the Big Brother house and had a couple of the girls from the show call in to talk about their time in the Big Bother house.  I have only listened to one Podcast of his that hasn't revolved around Big Brother and it was really funny!  So I'll keep giving them a listen, at least for now!

The final Podcast I listen to only has their preview out right now.  It's called The Lucky Few Podcast and features Heather Avis, Mercedes Lara, and Micha Boyett- three moms who have children with Down Syndrome.  I read Heather's book The Lucky Few last October.  I could not put it down and have been following her on Instagram ever since.  I was so excited when she announced she would be hosting a Podcast sharing stories and advocacy for Down Syndrome.  I listened to Episode 0 and am really excited to start listening to this Podcast on a regular basis later in March.

What Podcasts do you listen to?  I'd love to hear your recommendations!

~Abbey

Comments

Popular Posts