St. Patrick's Day Door Hanger

The project lead to the final push and inspiration I needed to start this blog, so it only seemed fitting that it's my first official blog post!


I love Target and of course the Dollar Spot!  The base of my first crafting project (I'll share it in a future post) came from the Dollar Spot and so many of the projects I have done since than have started with a piece from the Dollar Spot as well.  I completed this St. Patrick's Day door hanger (thank you, Dollar Spot, for the shamrock already painted green and glittered with an adorable green and white string) a couple of Friday nights ago.  When I first started crafting I thought about how I would love to find a place online where people shared the projects they made with things they bought at the Dollar Spot, but I never really did more than one Google search about it.  That particular weekend was different.  I spent more time than I'd care to admit the rest of that weekend looking for a place on the internet where people shared the projects they've created with things from the Dollar Spot.  I found NOTHING- no blogs, no Instagrams, no Pinterest boards, no subs on Reddit.  So here we are the Simply Stewart Blog where you can guarantee to find lots of Dollar Spot crafting! 

I love crafting and I love it even more on a budget, because let's face it, crafting supplies can get expensive!  I know there are so many other women out there who agree.  I see them all the time on my favorite Facebook page- Brittany Young and my favorite Facebook group- Brittany Young- Certified Celebrator.  (Side note- Brittany has been a HUGE inspiration for me, not only in terms of the projects {and recipes} she shares, but in how she loves and serves the Lord, her family, her friends, and her community.  I'll do a blog post on her sometime in the future too.)  I want this blog to be a place where we can share our ideas and find inspiration crafting on a budget.  So let's kick that off!  

We have a small storage closet in our apartment and I love to hang a small door hanger on the handle to celebrate each holiday.  For St. Patrick's Day (and the first half of March)  I'll be displaying my shamrock.  I bought the shamrock for $3 at the Target Dollar Spot two weeks ago.  They had a few options, but I chose the green shamrock with gold glitter sides.  I was so happy to see that it already had cute string!  I find the strings on the things in the Dollar Spot can be hit or miss.  Anyway, once I got home I took the end of cheap paintbrush and some white paint and added the polka dots.  (Thanks, Brittany for sharing the easiest way to paint small polka dots in the Certified Celebrator Live Mini Valentine's Day Box!)  When you're painting polka dots I learned that you work in small triangles.  (That tip came from Brittany too.)  This was my first attempt at painting polka dots without mimicking the placement from a picture of a banner I made for Valentine's Day and I'm so proud of it!

So there you have it friends- a super simple, quick, easy, and cheap door hanger for St. Patrick's Day!  This is my first (and only) piece of St. Patrick's Day decor, so please share your St. Patricks Day decorations in the comments below!  I'd love to find inspiration from you! 

~Abbey 



Comments

Popular Posts