Teacher Appreciation Week Gift Ideas and Freebies

May 7-11th is Teacher Appreciation Week.  As y'all know I'm currently assistant director at a Montessori academy and I want to give our teachers a small, but personal and meaningful gift for Teacher Appreciation Week.  I started by peeking at their Favorite Things lists and then headed straight to Pinterest for ideas.

As I was searching Pinterest I came to the conclusion that a good way for me to keep the gifts both small and personal was to get the teachers their favorite drink and attach a cute tag to say thank you.

For the sweet tea drinker
The tag ended up being too big for this bottle so I trimmed it to make it fit. 




Of course there are some teachers I am closer with and I wanted to get them something a little more.  When I was at Home Depot over the weekend I saw the cutest little succulents in the prettiest colored pots.  I picked one up in each of the teachers' favorite colors and attached a thank you tag.  On the back I wrote them a short little note thanking them for everything they do, not only for our students, but for me too.   I tied a piece of twine around each pot and attached the tag with a small clothes pin.

 How adorable did these turn out?!

While we are talking about Teacher Appreciation Week gifts and because I have a lot of teacher friends I also wanted to share free stuff for teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day- Tuesday, May 8th.  I've seen a few companies announce what they'll be doing to celebrate teachers on Teacher Appreciation Day and as I see more I'll update this list for y'all!

- Cane's: With their ID teachers will receive a free box combo from 3-8pm. 
- Chick-fil-a: At select Chick-fil-a's teachers will receive a free chicken sandwich from 11am-8pm.  Teachers must have their ID. 
- Chipotle- Chipotle is offering buy one, get one bowls, burritos, salads, or orders of tacos to teachers from 3pm-close with their ID.  (This is what Peter and I will be having for dinner on Tuesday, May 8th!)
- Paida Italian Street Food- Paida Italian Street Food is offering buy one, get one piadas, pasta, and chopped salads to teacher with a valid school ID May 7-11th.  (Expect to see us there on Thursday or Friday!)
- Zaxby's- Zaxby's is giving teacher free food each day during Teacher Appreciation Week!
Monday: Kickin' Chicken Sandwich Basket
Tuesday: Large Crinkle Fries
Wednesday: Boneless Wing Basket
Thursday: 5- Piece Chicken Fingers
Friday- Big Zax Snak Basket

To my readers who need a small, but personal and meaningful gift for a teacher(s) in their life- I hope you found some inspiration here!  To my teacher friend readers- thank you for everything that you do for your students day in and day out.  Even though you might not see it sometimes, you are making a difference and changing lives for the better!  Enjoy your week next week teacher friends! 

Comments

Popular Posts