It's Been a While

Hello again my little corner of the internet!  It's been a while- almost 3 months.   As many of you know I went back to teaching in August and in September we started moving again.  We're still living in Greenville, but we're out of the apartment.  Yay!  Yay!  Yay!  All throughout October we worked on packing, moving, and unpacking and we're so close to being done and having our lives all the way back!  Woo hoo!!

While moving is never fun the move out of the apartment is one we had been looking forward to since before we moved to Greenville so there has been so much happiness and joy throughout the whole process, but a lot of exhaustion too.  Things are finally starting to feel normal agian and we're getting into a grove here.  This has been so welcome after a little over a month of craziness!

One of the most fun and exciting things for me about being almost done unpacking (besides just being done of course) is decorating our new space.  I honestly didn't even realize how much I missed decorating and creating until I sat down last night to start on some new pieces to hang above our kitchen table.

Obviously I started with a Pinterest search earlier this week (if you don't follow me on Pinterest you can do so by clicking here) and ended up falling in love with citrus print paintings.  I wish I had a link to the picture that inspired this project, but I didn't actually pin it and I can't seem to find it anymore.  Anyway, I don't even know where to start when it comes to painting pictures, but I thought I can just buy a lime, an orange, a lemon, and some stamp pads and create my own prints- so I did!

I started by stamping the lime (3 stamps in a vertical line to be exact) on card stock and I loved it, but when I imagined it in a picture frame I hated it, so I thought I would do 3 reverse canvases on 6x6 canvases.  I started by stamping the lime right in the middle of the canvas and loved the way it look on the canvas, so I stained the wood that would become the frame.  I didn't have enough 6x6 canvases at home so this morning when I was running errands I stopped by A.C. Moore and planned on picking up a third canvas.  As I was looking at the canvases I couldn't get the original idea of frames out of my head, so I left the canvases and went to look at the frames.  I found two 4x4 gray wooden frames that I fell in love with.  (A.C. Moore just recently got an online store and their online store doesn't carry the frames so I can't link them for you, but they are pictured below.)  They were the last two in the store and the next closest store we could even check and see if they had them is in North Carolina so I ended up buying the same frame, but a 5x7.  I figured I could use the two 4x4 frames for the lime and lemon print and the 5x7 frame for the orange print.

When I came home I removed the canvas from the second 6x6 canvas I had and an 8x10 canvas I had.  I cut them down and stamped a lemon on what had been the 6x6 and an orange on what had been the 8x10.  After the prints dried I put them in the frames and hung them above the kitchen table.  They look so fresh and kitchen-y and I love them already!


Comments

Popular Posts