November Product Review

I know, I know, I've been terribly slack with product reviews.  As much as I have missed doing them, I really didn't try a whole lot of new products while we were moving.  It just seemed like the smartest thing to do to use the products that I know and love, but now that we're settled I'm back to trying new products and reviewing them on the blog again.

Defy and Inspire Nail Polish in Gauntlet- I've talked about it before, but I love Sally Hansen nail polish.  I think the quality is great.  I had been wanting a gray color to wear on my toes this Fall.  Sally didn't have the gray I was looking for, but Defy and Inspire did so I picked it up.  It's about the same price point as Sally Hansen nail polish, but the quality is noticeably worse.  I love the color and the ease at which it goes on, but it doesn't last! I typically wear Sally Hansen nail polish for two weeks, touching it up once after about a week.  This Defy and Inspire Nail Polish lasts 3-4 days before I have to touch it up and the touch ups last less than that.  I would definitely recommend this color, but in a better quality brand.

Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Warming Mud Mask- If you've been reading my product reviews you might remember the face mask I use.  I ran out of it while we were moving and could not find more at Whole Foods or Sprouts so I ended up picking up Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Warming Mud Mask.  I have been using Alba Botancia's Acne Dote Invisible Gel Treatment for a while and I like it so I thought I'd probably like their mud mask too- I do!  It is hard to squeeze out of the bottle, but it smells so good and goes onto my skin smoothly.  I can feel it warming pretty quickly and five minutes after I put it on it's time to wash it off.  I love that it's so quick and leaves my face feeling refreshed.  I will definitely continue to use this face mask.

Cyxus Blue Light Blocking Glasses- Between work for school and crafting I do a lot of computer work in one sitting nowadays and my eyes were feeling it.  After working on my computer (many times while I was still working) my eyes would feel so dry and so strained and tired.  I had seen teachers on Instagram wear blue light blocking glasses and rave about them so I figured it was time to give them a shot.  These particular frames are very light weight and I feel like I have to be very gentle with them.  They work like a charm though!  Since I've been wearing them my eyes don't feel strained while I'm working on my compute or after.  I have also noticed a decrease in the dryness of my eyes, but I know this time of year that's not going to be 100% gone.

Marpac The Original Sound Conditioner Dohm Elite White Noise Machine- I like to sleep with the fan on- not because I'm hot at night, but for the noise.  It's started to be pretty cold pretty consistently here in South Carolina at night and Peter and I both agreed it's too cold to sleep with the fan on, but I have a lot of trouble sleeping without it.  Enter Marpac The Original Sound Conditioner Dohm Elite White Nose Machine.  I thought it was pretty pricy at $49.99 at Bed Bath and Beyond, but the only other option they had felt cheap and even though it had six sounds to choose from I didn't like any of them.  So I bit the bullet and bought a $50 white noise machine.  Y'all, it is the best $50 we have spent this month {Well tied with the money we spent on gas for our Thanksgiving trip to Destin.}!  The white noise is so soothing!  You adjust the volume by turning the dohm (It has a great range of volume.) and because you just flip the switch to turn it on and off you don't ever have to worry about it turning off during the night, unless you lose power of course.  Peter and I both love this white noise machine!  I didn't bring it to Destin with us {I didn't want to be extra} and when we were going to bed our first night there Peter and I noticed our room didn't have a fan.  Peter said 'Ya know, I thought about bring the white noise machine, but then I decided against it.  Now I really wish we had brought it.'.  We both really missed having it those few nights we were away!

That’s it for November! What products are you using and loving?  Let me know in the comments below.

P.S.- I’ve already gotten a couple new products this week that I’m looking forward to reviewing in December!

Comments

Popular Posts