Secret Santa 2018

Secret Santa- I've done it so many different times, so many different ways.  This year we're spreading it out over three weeks.  We've sneakily surprised our person with a gift of up to $5 once last week and once this week.  Then at our grade level Christmas party next week we will reveal ourselves along with a gift of up to $10.  Like always, we had to fill out a My Favorite Things sheet to give us some gift giving inspiration!

I thought this time around having the 'big gift' be a $10 maximum was going to be challenging, but Bath and Body Works came through with their Annual Candle Day Sale!  I shopped the sale online and was able to get the exact candle I wanted no problem!  I was shocked that shipping was $6 and that it took the candle twelve {but one of those was a snow day, so eleven} days to get here!


Once I got the candle I wrapped it with white tissue paper, put it in a gift bag I already had at home, designed a gift tag, and attached it to the bag with a white clothes pin I got at Michael's last Spring.


Here's what I did for the two little gifts:
   - Last Wednesday I bought a pack of Diet Dr. Pepper, her favorite drink, and attached an encouraging gift tag.  She said she needed positive inspiration reminders which was an easy thing for me to include with this gift for free!  I used my Silhouette Cameo's sketch pens to make the gift tag.  After I printed it and cut it out I attached it to the box with tape and then attached a red ribbon I bought at Target.


   -For the small gift for this week I was really stumped.  I thought about doing a $5 gift card to one of her favorite fast food restaurants, but I just kept coming back to the fact that it's really hard to eat for $5, even at a fast food restaurant.  When I was grocery shopping at Sprouts a couple weekends ago I figured it couldn't hurt to check their Christmas gift section.  I saw the cutest little animal ornaments and remembered that my person loves owls and although Sprouts didn't have any owls, it inspired to me run to Hobby Lobby on my way home.  Hobby Lobby had 5 or 6 owl ornaments to chose from, all at $5 or under!  But it gets better- everything Christmas was (and still is) 50% off, so I ended up getting it for $2.50! 


I wrapped it in white tissue paper- one matte piece on the bottom and one shiny piece on top, and tied it with twine.  I used a beautiful gift tag from Rachel at Sweet Simple Living and attached it with a white clothes pin.  I love how simple, yet beautiful it turned out! 


I hope this post has given you some Secret Santa gift giving inspiration!  I would love to see the gifts you gave for Secret Santa this year so I can use them as inspiration next year, so please share them with me in the comments below!  Happy Secret Santa Gift Giving and Merry Christmas Friends! 

Comments

Popular Posts