Gallery Wall 

Happy Sunday Night, Friends!  It's a three day weekend for me so I'm getting in some extra crafting and blogging time tonight!

As many of you know we moved into a new house back in September and I've been working on decorating it ever since.  I love gallery walls and have been wanting to create one in our house but I really didn't have what I thought was the perfect place for one, so while the idea is always in the back of my mind I had had kinda given up on it happening in this house.  Then I saw a gallery wall of 'R's that Ashley at Fearfully Made Creations has in her home. {Let me just take a minute to say that this sweet girl is legit.  She currently has pieces being sold in both Hobby Lobby and Kirkland’s across the country!}

We have a bare wall at the end of our hallway and I had no idea what to do with it until I saw Ashley’s gallery wall of 'R's in her InstaStory.  I was so inspired!  At that time we still had all of our Christmas decorations up, but I kept the inspiration in the back of my mind.  Yesterday I had to run to Hobby Lobby to get something that come to find out they don’t even carry, but of course I still walked around the entire store.  The first pieces to catch my eye were black wood letters and I was instantly reminded of Ashley’s 'R' gallery wall.  All wall art was 50% off so I figured now was a great time to start my 'S' gallery wall!  I picked up the black wood letter 'S' and a standing wooden letter 'S'.



I knew I had to leave Hobby Lobby with a third 'S' and as much as I liked the two 'S's I already had in my cart I felt the urge to make a 'S' for the gallery wall.  I wanted it to be a little more personal {like most of the wall art in our house}.  I went to the back of the store and ended up picking up a curly-q wood S.  (It wasn’t 50% off, but it was only $3.50).  Since Peter, Weasley, and I all have blue eyes I thought painting it blue would keep it simple, but still meaningful, so I headed to the paint aisle.  I ended up picking Anita’s All Purpose Acrylic Craft Paint in Aegean Blue.  (It was 30% off.)  I painted two coats, painted a few touch ups, sanded it down, and this was the end result:


Here is the start to my 'S' gallery wall!


I love it so much already! 

Do you have letters in your gallery wall or a letter gallery wall?  If so, where have you gotten your favorites?  I'm going to be on the look out for 'S's for my gallery wall wherever I go now!  Be sure to follow me on Instagram for updates!

Comments

Popular Posts