March Product Review

We are a quarter of the way through 2019!  Where does time even go?!  {I know I say this every month, but at the end of every month I'm shocked at how fast it flew by, even if it seemed slow in the midst of it.}  I tried a few new products in February, but I didn't use them until the end of February and I felt like I couldn't give them a fair review so I decided to wait until March's Product Review to share.  March is over so it's time to share.  Here we go!

Kiss Brush-On Nail Glue- It’s stronger than Kiss’ Vita Bond Nail Glue, but that strength comes at a cost.  This nail glue does leave residue on my nails.  After I take a set of nails off I rub them with lemon essential oil and then nail polish remover.  That gets most of the residue off, but there is still some residue on some nails.  Right now I’m pretty much always wearing a set of nails so it doesn’t bother me too much, but it also isn’t ideal.  For the past three weeks I've been trimming the nails shorter, and while they’re lose by the end of the week, none came off.  At least that was my experience the first week using this nail glue on shorter nails.  The second week half of the nails popped off.  I did do a lot more cooking, washing, and cleaning that second week so my hands were in the water more so maybe that’s why the nail glue was so much less effective.  That’s all I can think of anyway.  The third week three nails popped off.  It’s definitely not perfect, but overall is it stronger than Kiss’ Vita Bond Nail Glue so I do plan to continue using it.

Blender Bottle- I’m not ready to share which pre-workout drink I’ve been drinking because I haven’t completely decided on the one for me yet, but I love my Blender Bottle so I’m going to go ahead and share it with you.  For the first few days I was drinking a pre-workout drink I was just mixing it up with a spoon- rookie mistake!  The drinks were powdery and gross so one day after work I stopped by Walgreens and picked up a Blender Bottle.  That thing makes a world of a difference, but if you’re not a newbie like me you already know that!  If you are a newbie like me, please, I am begging you, take my advice and invest in a Blender Bottle.  All parts of the bottle are dishwasher safe which is a nice little perk that makes me love mine every more!

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Illuminator- Sandstone- Now that warmer weather and Spring have arrived I have seen more and more people talking about their use of highlighter.  I love how natural it can be made to look and while I was nervous that I might not be able to get the same results {I’m really not the best at make up} I wanted to try it.  I have sensitive skin and I’m loyal to Neutrogena for my foundation, powder, concealers, etc. so I knew I wanted to get Neutrogena's highlighter.  I chose the color sandstone and it has been great.  It goes on smoothly and fairly lightly, which I like because I can easily control how little or how much I want to wear.

Time and Tru Tortoise Print Hoop Earrings-  For Christmas a few years ago I got a pair of diamond stud earrings that I absolutely love!  I love them so much that maybe once week, maybe even less, I take them out and wear a different pair of earrings.  I’ve been wanting a pair of tortoise hoop earrings for a little while.  I do like to have options when it comes to earrings, but I don’t like to spend a lot of money on those options because I don’t wear them a lot.  I was having trouble finding an affordable pair of tortoise hoop earrings, but enter Walmart.  Y’all I can’t even stand Walmart, but I have to give it to them- they’re stepping up their game.  Also Walmart is super close to our house so when we need something quick it’s easy to run there.  Earlier this month I was going to mop the floor but didn’t realize we were out of the Swiffer Wet Jet stuff so I ran to Walmart.  Prior to running to Walmart I had seen on Instagram a cute pair of tortoise hoops from Walmart so I figured while I was grabbing the Wet Jet stuff I would take a look at the earrings to see if my Walmart carried them- they did!  The earrings are $2.88.  They are lightweight and hypoallergenic.  Like I was saying earlier I have sensitive skin and these earrings don’t bother me one bit!  The only downside is they are tricky to clasp.


EV1 Camo Side Stripe Leggings- Speaking of Walmart stepping up their game, this month I got a cute pair of camo leggings from Ellen DeGeneres' EV1 line carried exclusively at Walmart.  Before I go any further a lot of the items in her line have this hot pink heart somewhere on them.  I think it's super tacky looking so I would not recommend most of this line, but these leggings don't have the pink heart anywhere on them.  Camo leggings are another thing I've been wanting, but I don't like to spend a lot of money on workout clothes and I'm very picky about the camo prints I wear.  I think the EV1 line has a great camo print and the leggings were $18 so I figured they were worth a shot.  They are super comfortable and pretty thick.  {In my personal life I wear leggings as pants so thickness is important to me.}  They are machine washable, but it is suggested you wash them separately on a delicate cycle.  You can dry them in the dryer.  I would definitely buy these leggings again because of the print, but I don't love them enough to buy them in every color the EV1 line offers.


What products have you been loving?  Is there anything I need to try?  Let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts