Kindergarten Reflections- 2018-2019


Another school year has come and gone.  When I stop and think about it my mind is blown- this time last year we weren’t even sure if we were going to be moving back home.  If we were going to move I wasn’t sure if I was going to go back into the public school classroom or what I was going to do for work.  I wasn’t giving any thought to the 26 precious students I taught this year, not because I didn’t care, but because going back into the classroom wasn’t my reality at this time last year.
As many of you know we moved in mid-July and I have been blessed every time we have moved to be able to find a job quickly, but we had never moved that late into the summer and I didn’t know what opportunities would present themselves so late in the game.  I was offered the position at the end of July and officially hired a week and a half before teachers went back to school.  It was fast and furious and honestly a whirlwind!
As I reflect on this year the thing that blows my mind the most is my roster.  My roster was not even made for me, it was made for the previous teacher, but God knew what He was doing.  A better roster could not have been made specifically for me.  God knew what He was doing when He put us all (my assistant included) together and I could not be more thankful.  If I taught those children even half of what they taught me I did alright!
The 2019-2020 school year is an exciting one for me as it will be the first time I will have taught at the same school for more than one school year.  You would think that would make saying goodbye to this group easier, but it didn’t.  I cannot wait to see 23 of those 26 (I have 3 that will have moved by the beginning of next school year) sweet faces across the hall next year!
To Mrs. Stewart’s Kindergarten Class of 2018-2019- I am proud of you.  You can do anything you put your mind to.  Always work hard and be persistent.  I believe in you always.  Thank you for all the things you have taught me and all the love you have shown me this year.  I love you dearly and you hold a special place in my heart forever.
To my teacher friends- We did it!  We completed another year!  Enjoy your summer relaxing and spending time with your family and friends!  There is no one who deserves it more!

Comments

Popular Posts