I’m Thankful for You

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and because Thanksgiving is on Thursday this will be my last Teacher Thursday post before the holiday so I wanted to share a quick and easy way to show your students a little extra love during this season.

I’ve only ever done this once, the first year I taught K4, my third year of teaching. I had a special bond with that group of kids, not to mention it was the year after my hardest year in my career as a teacher, and I felt very strongly that I needed to write a little note to each of my students sharing why I was thankful for them.  Writing these little notes was a sweet time of reflection and a simple way to let the families of my students know just how much their children meant to me.

My class this year thrives off words of affirmation and the idea to write them each a little note sharing why I’m thankful for them has been on my mind for about a week now so I started looking for a cute black and white printable to use.  {I don’t have access to a color printer at work and coloring printing at home for 24 students gets pretty expensive pretty quickly.} Of course, Jennifer at Simply Kinder came through!  She has the cutest free, editable, black and white printable on her Teachers Pay Teachers store.

I started by making a list of the students in my class and jotting down the things I love and treasure about each of them. Then I took those things and used them to fill out a I am thankful for _____ because printable.  I plan to put these in my students’ Daily Folders on each of their last days before Thanksgiving Break.

Do you do anything special to let your students know you’re thankful for them? Let me know in the comments below!  Y’all always have the best ideas and I love borrowing them! šŸ˜‰

PS- This is my last Teacher Thursday blog post before Thanksgiving and I wanted to take a minute to thank y’all for showing up here every week, for showing up on my Instagram posts and in my stories, and for your support and conversations.  I really love this community and I’m so glad you’re a part of it!  Happy Thanksgiving! šŸ¦ƒ


Comments

Popular Posts