Scarf Swap

My favorite season is Summer.  Maybe it’s because I’m a Summer baby, because I’m a teacher and Summer break, because of how relaxed and slow paced the Summer is, or maybe it’s because one of my favorite things to do is sit by the ocean or pool and read. Whatever the reason is I’m a Summer girl through and through.

My second favorite season isn’t really a season at all- it’s the end of September through late January/early February when we finally take our Christmas decorations down.  There is just something about Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and especially Christmas decorations that really make a house feel like a home and I love that.

Another thing I love about the end of September through the beginning of January is all the Fall and Winter get-togethers with family and friends.  One of my favorite Fall get-togethers to have with my girlfriends is a scarf swap!

2016 Scarf Swap

If you’ve ever done a Dirty Santa or White Elephant Gift Exchange you know how to do a scarf swap.  The only difference is that everyone brings a cute scarf, a scarf that they would want to wear, to play with.  Everyone brings a wrapped scarf to the party and when it’s time to start the swap everyone chooses a number.  The person with the number one goes first and unwraps a scarf.  The person with the number two can either steal the person with the number one’s scarf or the person with the number two can choose to unwrap a scarf.  If the person with the number two chooses to steal the person with the number one’s scarf then the person with the number one unwraps a new scarf.  Then the person with the number three can steal a scarf from either person with the numbers one or two or the person with the number three can choose to unwrap a scarf.  Anytime a scarf is stolen from a person the person it is stolen from has to unwrap a new scarf.  You follow this process until everyone has stolen or unwrapped a scarf and then the person with the number one can choose to keep her scarf or steal any of the scarves! Typically when I’ve attended a scarf swap we have a three steals and done rule meaning once a scarf has been stolen three times it cannot be stolen again.

So that a scarf swap isn’t so much on the hostess each person who attends the scarf swap not only brings a wrapped scarf, but also a dish to share.  One of my favorite dishes to bring to Fall get-togethers is Sausage Cream Cheese Dip.

Ingredients: 
-1 lb of ground hot sausage 
-12 oz. of cream cheese, softened (I like to used reduced fat cream cheese.) 
-1 can of Rotel, undrained
-1 bag of chips (I love Tostitos Scoops!) 

Directions: 
1. Brown the sausage in a skillet until the sausage is no longer pink.
2. Combine the cooked sausage, softened cream cheese (I like to cut it into little cubes.), and undrained Rotel in the crockpot over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted.  Be sure to stir it occasionally. 
3. Turn the crockpot to warm and enjoy! 

A scarf swap is a super easy, fun, and festive way to celebrate Fall with family and/or friends!  If you’re inspired to host one after reading this blog post take lots of pictures to share with me and send me the recipe for the dish you bring!  Happy Fall, y’all! 

Comments

Popular Posts