DIY Easter Décor


As you know I have found a new love for crafting and decorating for all the holidays and Easter is no exception!  Last year at Target, in the Dollar Spot of course, I bought a little Easter tree for our kitchen table, and that was the extent of our Easter decorations.  


If you want your own Easter tree I have seen them again in the Dollar Spot this season.  They are slightly different than last year’s, but still just as cute!


Last year I was okay with that, but this year I’m a new crafty woman and I wanted to craft a few things for Easter.  As always, Brittany Young and the Target Dollar Spot came to my rescue!

One afternoon I was searching the Certified Celebrator blog for a dinner recipe and I stumbled across a wood slice Easter egg.  It was the perfect craft because at Christmas time I was given three wood slices from my husband’s aunt that were used at her husband’s cousin’s wedding and was itching for something to do with them!  I went to Michael’s and bought island blue Craft Smart acrylic paint and gold glitter.  I painted the wood slice blue and once it was dry I added gold glitter polka dots.  I just adore how it turned out!



My second Easter DIY project came straight from the Brittany Young- Certified Celebrator Facebook group.  I would post the link to give credit where credit is due, but you have to be a member of the page to see the post, so I've linked the group page and if you're interested in seeing the post you can join the group.  It was posted on March 7th so you'll have to scroll back a little ways.




Of course I had seen the bunnies in the Dollar Spot and thought they were cute, but didn't have any ideas on where to put it or what to do with it so I didn't buy it.  What was I thinking?!  Anyway, when I saw this idea I thought it was adorable, but still couldn't think of where to put it so I still didn't buy a bunny.  Then it hit me exactly where I could put it, and of course I couldn't find the bunny at Target, but y'all T.J. Maxx to the rescue- I picked up this guy for $6.  




I used my {new!!} Silhouette Cameo 3 (it came last week and I finally got to take it out of the box and play with it over the weekend) to cut our monogram on metallic gold vinyl and then applied it to the bunny.  I added a plaid Easter ribbon I found at Michel's to his neck.  I just adore this piece too!



My final Easter DIY project was an original idea!  Y’all remember my St. Patrick’s Day door hanger?  Well the same night I bought the shamrock I also bought a piece of wood that was shaped like an Easter egg and that’s what became my Easter door hanger.  I painted the wooden egg with the same paint I use to paint my wood slice (island blue Craft Smart acrylic paint).  I used my Silhouette Cameo 3 to cut two contact paper stencils- Hoppy Easter and a bunny’s backside.  I applied the stencils to my egg, sealed it with Mod Podge (Y’all this trick is AMAZING!!), and painted.  I hot glued some burlap ribbon on the back and hung it on the closet door.  




And now the Stewarts are ready for Easter!  

Comments

Popular Posts